SCiA are currently supporting people in our Extra Care sites to ensure they stay safe and well during the current period of change.
From £9.45 per hour with enhancements for nights, bank holidays and weekends.
Enhanced rates of pay are offered if you hold a Level 2 Qualification in Health and Social Care.
Come and be part of something amazing at our Extra Care Site in Lymington.
The team at SCA Care believe that helping people live the life they want to lead is extremely important. When you join our team, you’ll make a real and positive impact to the lives of the people we support at our schemes. Our Extra Care Schemes are developments that comprise of self-contained homes and SCA Care provide support to tenants to enable self-care and independent living.
Working at SCA Care means that you’ll make sure that the customer’s home always remains personal to them, and that the care and support given is tailored to their unique and individual needs.
We value your personality and passion.
For us, personality and passion comes before education. Caring experience is always ideal but as long as you have the right attitude and values, then we’d love you to apply. You’ll always be supported and looked after by your SCA Care colleagues and wider Social Care in Action family, and full training will be provided.
We currently have opportunities to join the night team at Barfields Court to work 5 nights per week, with contracted hours available, and weekend hours available. Due to the needs of our customers we are looking for female carers only*
A Support Worker's role can be wide and varied – no two days are the same – but here’s an idea of what you could be doing:
- Promoting and encouraging independence, whilst assisting the people we support with their daily routines
- Identifying new opportunities for integration, participation and inclusion, available to the people we support, both within our services and the community
- Providing quality personal care, which could include bathing etc. depending on individual needs, while maintaining respect and sensitivity
- Participating in household tasks, which include cleaning, cooking, ironing, washing etc. while encouraging the people we support to join in
- Engaging in conversation and sometimes having a belly laugh together over something silly!
- Paid day off on your birthday
- 6 weeks paid holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Work to fit your preferred hours
- Potential for guaranteed hours contracts
- Pay enhancements to qualifications
- Comprehensive training package including QCF qualification
- A good career pathway
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
Duties and responsibilities depend on the role, are varied and allow professional growth and career progression.
If you’re successful, we need you to have an Enhanced Disclosure Check through the Disclosure and Barring Service which we’ll pay for.
*Genuine occupational requirement under part 1, schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010