SCA Care is an equal opportunities employer. This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. SCA Care are based and operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK.
SCiA are currently supporting people in our Extra Care sites to ensure they stay safe and well during the current period of change.
Night shifts: 9:00pm to 7:00am - Pay rates from £12.00 - £15.00 per hour
Come and be part of something amazing at our Extra Care Site in Lymington.
Barfields Court is an Extra Care Scheme supporting individuals to remain in their own homes with person centred care to enable them to live as independently as possible whilst taking into account their choices and respecting their human rights. SCiA work closely with other agencies including CQC, adult services, local GP practices and the local community.
The team at SCA Care believe that helping people live the life they want to lead is extremely important. When you join our team, you’ll make a real and positive impact to the lives of the people we support at our schemes. Our Extra Care Schemes are developments that comprise of self-contained homes and SCA Care provide support to tenants to enable self-care and independent living.
Working at SCA Care means that you’ll make sure that the customer’s home always remains personal to them, and that the care and support given is tailored to their unique and individual needs.
We value your personality and passion.
For us, personality and passion comes before education. Caring experience is always ideal but as long as you have the right attitude and values, then we’d love you to apply. You’ll always be supported and looked after by your SCA Care colleagues and wider Social Care in Action family, and full training will be provided.
A Care Assistant's role can be wide and varied – no two days are the same – but here’s an idea of what you could be doing:
- Promoting and encouraging independence, whilst assisting the people we support with their daily routines
- Identifying new opportunities for integration, participation and inclusion, available to the people we support, both within our services and the community
- Providing quality personal care, which could include bathing etc. depending on individual needs, while maintaining respect and sensitivity
- Participating in household tasks, which include cleaning, cooking, ironing, washing etc. while encouraging the people we support to join in
- Engaging in conversation and sometimes having a belly laugh together over something silly!
- Paid day off on your birthday
- 6 weeks paid holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Work to fit your preferred hours
- Potential for guaranteed hours contracts
- Pay enhancements to qualifications
- Comprehensive training package including QCF qualification
- A good career pathway
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
Duties and responsibilities depend on the role, are varied and allow professional growth and career progression.
If you’re successful, we need you to have an Enhanced Disclosure Check through the Disclosure and Barring Service which we’ll pay for.